Northeast Title & Tag
Our Family Behind Yours Since 1970.

DOT Compliance Services, LLC.

Main Logo-web-01.png

Quarter 3 Reporting

IFTA, New York HUT, Kentucky, and New Mexico quarterly reporting is due October 31, 2019. Quarterly reporting begins September 30. Contact a DCS agent to sign up for quarterly filings. Sign up for the entire year and receive a discount. Call 855.368.9393.

Sign up to have DCS file your quarterly tax returns for you.

Gain Your Own Authority

Getting your own authority can be an exciting but also challenging process that’s why DOT Compliance Services, LLC. (DCS) team is here to help! DCS. is available every step of the way towards assisting you in gaining your authority and even acts as a support team after you’ve gained your authority. Below are a list of packages for each type of scenario. These items are also available individually.

 Package A: $900.00

  • Motor Carrier Number

  • DOT Number

  • BOC-3 Filing

  • UCR (0-2 Units)

  • IFTA Decals

Package C: $1,600.00

  • Motor Carrier Number

  • DOT Number

  • PUC Permit (Motor Carrier)

  • BOC-3 Filing

  • UCR (0-2 Units)

  • NY HUT (One Unit)

  • IFTA Decals

  • Drug/Alcohol Program (1 year)

  • Business Filing (LLC) with EIN Number

  • Driver Qualification File Assistance

Package B: $1,200.00

  • Motor Carrier Number

  • DOT Number

  • BOC-3 Filing

  • UCR (0-2 Units)

  • NY HUT (One Unit)

  • IFTA Decals

  • Drug/Alcohol Program (1 year)

  • Driver Qualification File Assistance


A BOC-3 is a United States federal filing that designates legal agents upon which process may be served. It pertains mostly to individuals or companies in the transportation and logistics industry, and it is required before certain federal operating authorities can be granted within the United States.  

  • Full Business Name

  • Contact name

  • Business physical address

  • Business mailing address

  • Business phone number

  • USDOT Number

Price: $75.00

Drug & Alcohol Testing

All drivers that carry a commercial drivers license and operate a motor vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 pounds + and or operate a vehicle designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver; or is of any size and is used to transport material that require a hazardous placard are required to participate in an approved DOT drug & alcohol testing program.

 DOT Pre-Employment fee: $75.00

The DOT requires before any driver performs any safety-sensitive function for an employer they must undergo testing for controlled substances. Hiring a driver who has failed and or not participated in a Pre-Employment test is a DOT violation and may result in fines, suspensions and or indefinite termination of company activity.

Annual Consortium fee: $185.00

The program package covers the needs to comply with the DOT and the FMCSA. The package includes Post-Accident, Random and Reasonable Suspicion of testing.

Program Highlights

  • A written DOT drug and alcohol testing policy for the company

  • Employee education materials

  • Supervisor Training materials

  • 24/7 accident response

  • Management of random testing program (consortium) compliant with the DOT

  • Country-wide network of over 5,000 testing locations

Supervisor Training Course: $80.00

Do you have drivers under your authority? If so, you need to be part of a Supervisor Training Course.

E-Filing 2290

Instant E-Filing of Form 2290 (Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax)

Form 2290 is a Federal Excise Tax imposed on vehicles operating in public highways with a gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more. Taxes are collected annually and are used for highway construction and maintenance.

**IRS fees are not included on prices listed above.

  • 1 Truck: $52.00

  • 2 Trucks: $85.00

  • 3 Trucks: $90.05

  • 4 Trucks: $95.05

  • 5 Trucks: $100.05

  • 6 Trucks: $105.05

  • 7-49 Trucks: $169.00

  • 50-149 Trucks: $240.00

  • Fleet of 150-749: $334.95

Bi-Annual Updates

If a carrier or other regulated entity changes its name or address, or other details in their record, they must update their US DOT and operating authority with FMCSA In addition, FMCSA requires all entities under its jurisdiction to update their information every two years.

Price: $75.00

UCR Registration

Unified Carrier Registration or UCR is an annual state filing required of all carriers, private carriers, brokers, freight forwarders, and leasing companies. The UCR began in September of 2007 and replaced a previous filing called Single State Registration. This registration must be renewed each year by January 1st. The registration fees are based on the number of power units that will operate interstate. Brokers, freight forwarders, and leasing companies pay the lowest fee bracket.

  •  0-2 Units $147.00

  • 3-5 Units $305.55

  • 6-20 Units $541.80

  • 21-100 Units $1,727.25

  • 101-1000 Units $7,959.00

  • 1001+ Units $77,085.75

Trip/Fuel Permits

Individual states have a set price for each type of permit. We offer fuel and trip permits for all 50 states with advance notice of 24 hours. Please contact us at 570-587-8702 for a quote on a trip permit.


New York Hut


New Mexico

The International Fuel Tax Agreement is required of all interstate carriers that have a GVWR and or GCWR that exceed 26,000 pounds, 3 axles and travels to one of more IFTA jurisdictions.

Carriers will receive a set of decals and an IFTA license. The IFTA license must be kept in the vehicle. Once an IFTA license has been issued it is required that fuel tax reports are filed each quarter. The IFTA license and decals must be renewed each year.
Issuance of new IFTA Account $100.00 + $12.00 per decal (PA) // Additional Decals $45.00 + $12.00

IFTA accounts must be renewed by the 1st of every year. Carriers must submit fuel tax reports to their state each quarter. Carriers must submit fuel tax reports to their state each quarter.

The New York HUT is required for carriers that will operate in the state of New York at a GVWR of 18,000 pounds or more. Once the New York HUT account is completed the carrier must complete quarterly reports for NY State.

New NY HUT Account $75.00 + $1.50 // Additional Decals $45.00 + $1.50

 All carriers private and or for-hire that will operate in or through Kentucky at a combined GVW (truck/tractor, trailer, and load) of 60,000 pounds or more are required to have a KYU number. All carriers are required to file quarterly taxes with Kentucky based on miles driven through Kentucky.
KYU Permit $75.00// Additional KYU Numbers $45.00


Fuel Tax Reporting for IFTA & NY HUT - Pay in full for an Entire Year and Receive a discount. Call Today!

Fuel Tax Reporting- Quarterly Payments $75.00 per filing/per quarter

Audit Assistance

Every new carrier that applies for a USDOT in order to initiate operations in interstate commerce must complete an off-site “NEW ENTRANT AUDIT”. The FMCSA will require certain documents be provided directly to the FMCSA to verify compliance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs) and Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMRs).

 Every carrier that applies for PUC authority agrees to undergo an on-site Safety Fitness Review. The on-site review is conducted by the Motor Carrier Services and Enforcement Division of the Bureau of Investigation and Enforcement. 

Our team at Northeast Title & Tag can assist in the process of gathering all the required documents, uploading all the required documents and working directly with the FMCSA and the PUC to ensure a passing audit.

FMCSA off-site audit: $150
PUC on-site audit: $250

At Thompson Northeast Insurance and affiliated company of Northeast Title & Tag we offer all types of insurance for commercial trucking businesses. Below we have listed a few of our most desirable type coverages. If you do not see a coverage below you need please contact us directly for further information at 570-587-8702.

Primary Auto Liability insurance is required by federal regulations. Every carrier must carry liability insurance on every rig even on leased units. Liability insurance protects you when a third party is injured in an accident.

Non-Trucking Liability insurance pays for an accident when the driver/truck is not under dispatch. The coverage is sometimes referred to as deadhead coverage or bobtail liability.

Occupational Accident Insurance is a work injury protection plan designed to help 1099 paid, independent contractors in the event that they are injured in an on-the-job, trucking-related accident. This type of coverage does not replace workers compensation for those employees who are paid on a W-2.

Physical Damage insurance is coverage for your truck and trailer. Your premium is based on the value of your equipment. Usually a percentage of the value. This coverage is not required by law but if you finance your vehicle the lienholder will require it.

General Liability insurance protects the business for property damage or bodily injury that might occur which does not involve a truck. Examples include the slip and fall exposure at your place of business, advertising related exposures, and/or contractual exposures you may get involved in.

Non-Owned Trailer Liability coverage protects someone else’s trailer you are pulling for liability.

Non-Owned Trailer Physical Damage coverage insures the non-owned trailers in the event of loss.

Trailer-Interchange Liability coverage protects a trailer when there is an interchange agreement in force.

Cargo Insurance covers damage/loss to freight in transit.

Commercial Trucking Insurance